SAFE, RELIABLE, AND LEGAL FUEL TANK SYSTEMS
THE TRANSFER FLOW STORY
Transfer Flow’s story began in 1983 in the beautiful and historic town of Chico, California. Former General Motors Engineer Bill Gaines founded the company as an OEM fuel system supplier for the motorhome and travel trailer industry. Transfer Flow quickly expanded into the mobility, work truck, and mainstream automotive industries. By 1994, the company relocated to a 35,000 square foot manufacturing facility as demand continued to grow.
Six years later, a 20,000 square foot building was built on an adjacent three acre parcel, and in 2008, a 15,000 square foot warehouse was also added. Today, Transfer Flow continues to invest in new technology and state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment, while employing a dedicated and skilled team of more than 100 people from across Northern California.
Transfer Flow Time-line: Evolution at a Glance:
- 1983 Bill Gaines, along with his wife, Jeanne, establishes Transfer Flow in Chico, CA with 5 employees
- 1993 New equipment: Plasma cutter (Komatsu Cybermation) and Hydraulic Press Break (Accupress)
- 1994 Construction of new 35,000 sq. ft. Transfer Flow facility to keep up with booming business
- 1997 TransferFlow.com goes online!
- 1998 Releases TRAX-UFS™, the first patented computer control system for auxiliary tanks
- 1998 Granted DOT Special Permits for our refueling tanks
- 2000 Automated wash station and powder coat system installed
- 2000 Breaking ground for second building, 20,000 sq. ft. to accommodate growing operations
- 2003 Transfer Flow celebrates 20th Anniversary!
- 2003 First of four welding robots installed
- 2005 Releases TRAX-II™, the second patented computer control system for auxiliary tanks
- 2005 75-Gallon Express-UFS™ fuel system introduced
- 2005 Fuel tap kits introduced
- 2007 Lisa Johnson and Laurie LaPant, daughters of founder Bill Gaines, become 2nd generation owners
- 2013 First Cincinnati Laser Cutting system installed
- 2013 Transfer Flow celebrated 30 years in business!
- 2015 Releases TRAX 4™, the latest computer control system for auxiliary tanks
- 2016 Transfer Flow is named California Small Business of the Year
- 2017 Cincinnati Fiber Optic Laser installed for more efficient production quantity and quality
- 2018 35th Anniversary!
WIT is an Authorized Distributor of this Brand.
Contact us anytime by clicking this link: